Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Who I'm reading right now

Someday soon, I'm going to have a set of links going down the side of my page, like all good bloggers. I'll still want to make an occasional post like this.

Here's a list of some of the blogs I read regularly, and why.

Glenn Greenwald's blog

Glenn is thoughtful and passionate, and, as far as anyone can know from reading a person's essays, honest and principled. I respect his opinion a great deal. I started reading his blog as he wrote about the NSA's warrantless domestic spying program, and he helped clarify a great many issues about the matter. Frankly, I think he could have been the staunchest Bush supporter ever, and he still would have turned on Bush in an instant over this.

RespectfulOfOtters

The otter, er, author of this blog is an old friend of mine. Have you ever had a friend where, if you felt very strongly about something, and were dead certain that your opinion was correct, could make you re-think your position by saying they didn't agree? Someone whose intelligence and wisdom you admire so much that you'd always give them a listen, no matter how strongly you felt you knew everything you needed already? I'm fortunate enough to have multiple friends like this, and she's one of them.

The Rude Pundit

Okay, I confess. I watched "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back" on opening weekend. I own the DVD. I've watched it more than once. Thoughtful, nasty, rude, hilariously funny, with fewer dick and fart jokes than J&SBSB. (Now, if Rude Pundit reads this, I wonder if he'll be insulted... and if so, which way he'll be insulted.)

Pandagon

Lots of good stuff here. I don't always agree, but you know, you don't have to agree with people to read what they have to say, and think about it.

Hullaballoo/Digby's blog

It's kind of embarrassing, because I sometimes see references that make it sound like everyone knows Digby... everyone but me. Ah well, it's not the first time I've been clueless. Thoughtful, combative, and principled.

Huh. Five. And here I am, noticing it's after 11, when I need to be in bed by 10:30. Well, I think I'll call five a good roundup for the moment, and try to continue this another day.

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com