Monday, February 11, 2008

Any Christians still supporting Bush?

You know, I was thinking about this today, and I suddenly thought how scary it must be to support Bush if you're a Christian.

Jesus talks about judgment, and he says that those who didn't feed the hungry, clothe the naked, etc., aren't going to heaven. What you failed to do to ordinary people, you failed to do to Jesus himself, he said.

It must be awful to wonder if the time's going to come when Jesus asks "and when I was being tortured, did you stand up for me?"

I mean, sure, the evangelicals can go all "but I tried to pressure people to say 'merry Christmas' instead of 'happy holidays', and I harassed gay people who are, you know, sinners, and all, and, and, and..." and I guess that must work for some of them, but somehow, I think Jesus is going to be more than a little pissed off by those who turned away from the least of their brothers.

And for those who actually cheered it on? Whoo, boy, but I'd be awfully nervous about meeting my maker under those circumstances. I mean sure, there's all that "believe and your sins are forgiven" but how much can you believe if you're not just turning away from your brothers, but actively approving of their torture?

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com