Sunday, March 02, 2008

Understanding the fear

You know, I think I understand why some folks on the right are so terrified of the terrorists.

Look at what one of their leaders says:

"I have some news," McCain said. "Al-Qaeda is in Iraq. It's called al-Qaeda in Iraq. My friends, if we left, they wouldn't be establishing a base, they'd be taking a country and I'm not going to allow that to happen."


(taken from here, but only because it's the first place I found the quote.)

Okay, folks, follow me here.

Iraq consists about about 60% Shiite Muslims, about 20% Kurds, and about 20% Sunni Muslims.

Al Qaeda is a Sunni group.

Most Sunnis in Iraq despise Al Qaeda.

Yet against the resistance of over 90% of the population, Al Qaeda will just magically take over the country! (60% Shiites, 20% Kurds, and >10% Sunnis)

When their leaders feed them lines of crap like this ("straight talker" indeed!) it's no wonder they are irrational about how to deal with the threat.

Hopefully, reality will kick in sooner, not later.

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com