Friday, October 10, 2008

I didn't think I'd have to say this...

But I'm glad to be wrong.

Thank you, Senator McCain.
(for one of many good quotes at the link:
McCain replies, "Well, I don't want him to be president, either. I wouldn't be running if I did. But," and he pauses for emphasis, "you don't have to be scared to have him be President of the United States."


I know everyone's saying "go more negative, land some real hits on Obama!" and I know that you know that the only way you're going to pull this out is for people to start hating Senator Obama (or for you to suddenly multiply loaves and fishes, or somesuch), and I know you're not the kind of man who is willing to take defeat easily, so I know that this couldn't have been easy. But you did it anyway.

You might lose, and there'll be people who point to this decision, and say that this is why you lost. And while that might hurt, at least you'll know you did the right thing.

And I appreciate it.

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com