Friday, May 14, 2010

Whenever pointing out another person's error...

...it's almost a given that you'll make one of your own.

Case in point:
If you know Latin, you'll spot it.

Q.E.D.: quod erat demonstrandum, which roughly translates to "that which was to be shown".

It's often used at the end of proofs and such to show that you've arrived at your destination - i.e., "and I've just shown you what I was supposed to show you. I'm done."

And I have to admit, if I hadn't been a mathematician in a previous life, I wouldn't have known this.

And I'd better end this post befour the iron-cladded law make sme start to srcew things up own my on.

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com